The Ark is a nationally known acoustic and folk music venue. It has been in existence in various locations since 1965. It currently seats about 400 and features more than 300 live performances each year. Intermitten is one of the first conferences The Ark has hosted and continues to be an ideal downtown venue for such an event.www.theark.org
Downtown Ann Arbor is approximately 25 minutes away from DTW. From the airport, you have a few options for getting to Ann Arbor:
• Michigan Flyer – A shuttle that runs at regular intervals between DTW and Ann Arbor.
• Lyft – Ranging from ~$32 – ~$186 depending on which level of fancy you are (or if you’re carpooling).
• Taxi Cab
Excellent! We’ve had attendees from all over the world join us and we’d love to have you fly out for the event!
The nearest major metropolitan airport to Ann Arbor is Detroit Metro (DTW).
The conference starts Thursday, June 8th at 9:00am EDT.
We recommend arriving Wednesday night to get settled and spend some time in town before the conference begins. The conference will end with a closing party going well into Friday night, so you may want to stay for some or all of the weekend to maximize your time in Ann Arbor!
Rent an Arbor Bike – See our town from the many bike-friendly streets, paths, and trails available.
Ann Arbor has amazing cuisine choices for the foodies out there! Check out the guide below.
• Get a drink at an outdoor beer garden.
• Catch an indie film at the Michigan Theater.
• Take a float down on the Huron River.
• Wander the grounds of Nichols Arboretum or Matthaei Botanical Gardens